Membership and Electoral Colleges
- When joining the PPN, membership groups must opt to be a part of one of three electoral colleges within the PPN which represents their primary interest: Environment , Social Inclusion or Community & Voluntary
- To join the Social Inclusion Electoral College an organisation’s primary objectives and activities must focus on social inclusion / social justice / equality.
- To join the Environment Electoral College an organisation’s primary objectives and activities must be environmental (i.e. ecological) protection and/or environmental sustainability. Membership of this Electoral College will be validated by the National Environmental Pillar
- Organisations whose primary objectives are other than those listed above will be members of the Community & Voluntary Electoral College.
- Each college chooses two people to represent them on the PPN Secretariat and also representation on the County’s Local Community Development Committee [LCDC]
- Members are to be nominated to the LCDC from the PPN (two from the Community and Voluntary College, two from the Social Inclusion College and one from the Environment College).
- All nominees who put themselves forward for election should adhere to the charter for representatives