What is the Secretariat?
The Secretariat/committee is the administrative body of the PPN and is elected by the members of the PPN. The Secretariat also oversee the day-to-day operation of the PPN and implement the PPN workplan. Secretariat members are elected by the Plenary (collection of all groups registered with Mayo PPN).
The Secretariat is at county level and is broad and representative of the different geographical areas and the three electoral colleges [Environment, Social Inclusion and Voluntary] within County Mayo and reflective of the diversity of the membership and shall:
- Be made up of 14 members, 2 from each of the 3 electoral college and two from each of the 4 municipal district and be elected by the County Plenary
- Facilitate the implementation of decisions made by the Plenary
Act as the coordinating body of the PPN and facilitate the PPN’s day to day business
- Facilitate and monitor effective communication between member groups and PPN representatives to ensure quality input into decision-making structures
- Ensure procedures for elections are adhered to
- Act as a support to representatives
- Develop and oversee an annual work-plan for the PPN in agreement with Mayo County Council and carry out reviews as appropriate
- The Secretariat shall hold a minimum of 4 meetings per year and will appoint a Convener and deputy.