My name is Kevin Gately, Community Engagement Superintendent with An Garda Síochána in Castlebar and Westport.
During his Coronavirus Crisis I have been tasked with ensuring everyone in our communities, including our Island Communities is safe, particularly the older members, those that need some extra attention, those with underlying medical conditions. My job is to make sure that we all stay safe, that we all heed the advice given and that we all look out for each other.
I am working closely with Mayo County Council and HSE Mayo in trying to look after all of those in our communities that need and extra bit of help. I need you, in your role with your local Community to please let us know of any person that might need some help such as :
- Collection of Prescriptions at Chemist shops
- Visit to Doctor/Physio/etc
- Shopping or other essential items
- Preparation and supply of meals
- Making contact with other family members to let them know that you are safe.
We all have to practice keeping a safe distance from each other, but we don’t want to leave anyone behind.
Our Community Policing Teams will be out and about to help people in our communities – we want to help you and we will do anything we can to help or to get the right person to help you.
But we need you to tell us who might need our help.
Our email addresses are:
Please get in touch and let us know how we can help.
Our telephone numbers are:
- Castlebar Garda Station 094 903 8216
- Westport Garda Station 098 50230
- Ballina Garda Station 096 20550
- Claremorris Garda Station 094 9372080
- Belmullet Garda Station 097 81910.
KEVIN P. GATELY, Superintendent | Community Engagement Castlebar-Westport |
An Garda Síochána | The Mall, Castlebar | Co. Mayo. F23 KC58.
Tel +353 94 903 8216
An Garda Síochána: Ag Coinneáil Daoine Sábháilte – Keeping People Safe.