Rethink Ireland are thrilled to announce the launch of our Social Enterprise Development 2023 Fund. This iteration of our 4.4 million Fund aims to support not-for-profit organisations working to scale and grow their social impact.
The SED 2023 Fund was created in partnership with IPB Insurance and The Department of Rural and Community Development under the Dormant Accounts Fund. Up to 8 awardees will receive a package of supports, including:
- A Cash grant of up to a maximum of €22,500
- A place on a 6-month Rethink Ireland Accelerator Programme- Rethink Ireland’s Accelerator is a unique offer, equipping Awardees with the skills needed to expand and deepen their impact. It provides training from best-in-class experts across the private, nonprofit and public sector. Training is provided across a range of functions and may include;
- Impact measurement and management
- Theory of change and business planning
- Communications strategy and social media storytelling
- In addition, up to 8 Awardees will receive a budget for business supports worth €7,500 each. Business supports will be tailored to the specific needs of each project and carried out by approved consultants, focusing on creating social impact in line with their Theory of Change and strategic plan.
We invite applications from Social Enterprises that:
- Have a clear social mission that addresses a critical social issue
- Generate income from goods or services
- Are already up and running
- Reinvest any surplus into achieving their mission
- Have a not-for-profit legal form, e.g. companies limited by guarantee
- Are separate from Government and State Agencies
- Have their main impact in the Republic of Ireland
- Have not previously completed a multi-year Fund with Rethink Ireland
- Have the potential to scale or replicate in Ireland
- Have the potential to create additional jobs
- And are innovative in an Irish context
The Fund is open for applications from January 16th until the 24th of February 2023 at 1pm. Please see our website for more information on who is eligible to apply and how to submit your online application.
*Please note that LDCs, Government and state agencies are not eligible to apply*
Please also join us for our online Information Session on the Social Enterprise Development Fund on Friday February 3rd at 1pm to hear more about this opportunity, ask your questions and get some tips on writing an effective application.