With this years Mayo.ie Western People Women’s Mini Marathon, regrettably postponed due to the Covid-19. This year on Sunday May 3rd Mayo Sport Partnership invites you to take part in
Mayo Day Women’s 10K Your Way
The 10K can be done individually or as part of a tag-team (2 people X 5KM, 5 people X 2KM) and taking part couldn’t be easier! Simply map out your run (within your 2KM radius of home) and on Sunday May 3rd dress up in your county colours and get going! We want you to send us pictures or video of you taking part and if you are working as a team don’t forget to pass that baton to your teammate!
All we ask is that you register at this link: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/mayo-day-womens-10k-your-way-tickets-103418700116
Donate to one of our charity partners using the links below.
· Cancer Fund for Children https://cancerfundforchildren.ie/donate-to-cancer-fund-for-children/
· Western Care https://www.idonate.ie/WCA
· Mayo Roscommon Hospice https://www.hospice.ie/donations/donate-online/
· Physios COVID 19 Campiagn https://cutt.ly/getmayomoving2020
· Mayo Mental Health Association https://www.facebook.com/fund/mayomha/
· Charity of your own choice.
While it is all for fun, there are so many benefits to exercising, particularly at present, that we encourage you to invite other women to participate and to invite people to sponsor you in your challenge by making a donation to one of the charities.
Please post your pictures/videos to Mayo Sports Partnership Facebook page with #10kYourWay or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Each participant will receive a specially commissioned certificate of completion and some spot prizes will also be presented to several deserving participant photos / videos.