On 16 April 2019 Mr. David Stanton, T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality with special responsibility for Equality, Immigration and Integration launched a Call for Proposals.
The call is for the two following EU Funding Streams:
- Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund
- European Social Fund – Gender Equality (Women Returning to the Workforce and Women’s Entrepreneurship).
Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund
The overall objective of the EU Asylum Migration and Integration Fund 2014-20204 is to promote the efficient management of migration flows and the implementation, strengthening and development of a common EU approach to asylum and immigration.
The Fund has four Specific Objectives:
- to strengthen and develop all aspects of the Common European Asylum System, including its external dimension;
- to support legal migration to the Member States in accordance with their economic and social needs, such as labour market needs, while safeguarding the integrity of the immigration systems of Member States, and to promote the effective integration of third country nationals;
- to enhance fair and effective return strategies in the Member States which contribute to combating illegal immigration, with an emphasis on sustainability of return and effective re-admission in the countries of origin and transit; and
- to enhance solidarity and responsibility sharing between the Member States, in particular towards those most affected by migration and asylum flows, including through practical co-operation.
This Call concerns Specific Objectives (a) and (b) only.
The Responsible Authority (EU Funds Unit) may commit up to €4.5 million in this Call.
€150,000 is the minimum AMIF grant that may be applied for (that is, a project with a minimum total budget of €200,000). EU Funds Unit reserves the right to make a grant offer that differs from the grant requested.
Public, Private and Voluntary Bodies are eligible to apply.
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2019