Managing our waste correctly is a very positive action that we can all take for the Climate & Biodiversity Emergency. Simple steps such as cutting down on food waste, reducing waste to landfill and recycling correctly collectively can have a great impact.
- Waste collection services are operating as normal during the pandemic with some added safety measures in place.
- For reliable and up-to-date information on managing household waste visit https://www.mywaste.ie/
- Civic Amenity Centres at Derrinumera & Rathroeen offer a wide range of services – including recycling and safe disposal of a variety of household waste items including bulky waste, garden waste, electrical items, batteries and household hazardous waste. Full details are available at: https://www.mayo.ie/en-IE/Your-Council/Services/Environment/Waste-Management-Landing/Civic-Amenity-Sites
- A list of authorised collectors operating in Mayo is available at https://www.mayo.ie/environment/waste-management/waste-collection
- Recycling in Ireland follows the National Recycling List- separate waste according to this list and place clean, dry and loosely in your bin.
- Do not place any hazardous waste or electrical items in your bins – keep separate and visit the civic amenity centres.